- June 12, 2019
- Posted by: teamworx
- Categories: Blog and Activities, Tips and Techniques
I attended a workshop as part of the ANZ Business Startup Series.
Thank you Melissa Frerk for sharing your insights and experience with us today. It was great to connect with like-minded business owners who want to do good things for their customers.
These are the tips that I learn about developing a business:
- You need to be physically and emotionally healthy to run a business. I think the same goes for anything you do. You have to be healthy!
- Planning is essential. Work backwards from your goals.
- Have a vision for your business. What do you want to achieve in 3 years?
- Ask yourself – what do you want to be remembered for?
- Always speak your customer’s language – not gobbledy gook tech speak.
- Take the time to say thank you.
- A strategy takes time to be embedded. It’s like shaking hands with your left hand. It will not seem natural at first. But you need a strategy!
- Use technology to make lives easier for you, your staff and your customers.
- Keep your pricing simple. Remove clutter.
- Deal with bad reviews in a professional manner.
Here are sketchnotes from my talk.
Be sure to [Download the PDF] as it has 4 full pages worth of sketchnotes.